Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Dear You, ..... It's me God.

Dear You,
It’s me…God. We haven’t talked in a while so I thought I’d reach out to you in this letter. There are so many things that I want for you and so much more that I want you to know. The most important thing I wish to convey to you, is that, first and foremost…I love you. Oh, how just the thought of you brings me inestimable joy. My gladness, for you, cannot be comprehended. I love you every moment of every day, in every situation and in every way. And I have…for a very long time. It was I who created your innermost being and knit you together in your mother’s womb and even before that…I knew you and set you apart to do immeasurable things. Yes, you are wonderfully made and created for a special reason, for a distinct purpose, for a perfect time. Oh, the plans I have for you, plans for good and not for evil, to give you a hope and an everlasting future. 

The journey you’ve been on, at times, has not always been easy…I know. Things have happened (some beyond your control) but since then…choices have been made and consequences and blessings have resulted from each. I know that if you earnestly search within yourself you’ll come to realize that I cannot be deceived and that you’ve received the just harvest that you (and you alone) have planted in the seasons of your life. They are unpretentiously the results of your free will which I have freely given you. Regardless, my love for you is unchanged. That’s the beauty of our relationship. I’m always here for you.

Make no mistake, I’ve heard you. Your questions of why bad things happen to good people and why evil, in this world, seems to flourish unchecked. You ask…How can I allow such things to exist? Well, I ask you…how can I not? It’s quite confounded but if I were to simplify it I would tell you it goes back to what I previously mentioned…free will. Everyone on this planet, starting with you, has the ability (right now) to snuff out evil if you simply chose to. Collectively, if everyone (and I mean everyone) from the east to the west, from the north to the south, would choose my love and chose to embrace IT over fear, over greed, over selfishness, over pride, over hatred, over lust, over evil itself…I assure you, you and the rest of the world could experience heaven, right here, on earth. But, alas, not everyone chooses the purity of my love and therefore you live in a world that is interwoven by the good and evil choices of humanity. Yet, everyone has the choice, right now, to choose love and I am waiting patiently for everyone to do so. Until then, I assure you, I am evenhanded because of my love for you and will give sunlight to both the evil and the good, and send rain on the just and the unjust alike because my love is so great, so pure, so big that it offers everyone a chance at redemption….a chance to be reconciled with me.

I have now told you all this so that you may have peace in me. I tell you the truth, you have and will continue to experience many trials and sorrows in this world. But take heart, because it’s my love that overcomes the world and it is freely given to anyone who seeks it.

Listen to me, I know you’ve heard me calling you. In the depths of your darkness and sometimes shame. You have hidden yourself from me but I see you and love you…just as you are. Come. Come to me. You, whom I love, so heavy laden and burdened with turpitude. Draw closer and I will give you rest. It is I, who blots out your offenses, for my own sake, and remembers them no more. Don’t you know that the wrong you have done is not against me…but against yourself? So forgive yourself as I have forgiven you. As far as the east is from the west, I have removed your transgressions from my sight. Oh the plans and hopes I have for you, designs for good and not for evil, to give you an everlasting future. I love you every moment of every day, in every situation and in every way.

Close your eyes and search me, search for the truth within you. Be still, repose with me, faithfully, and I will give you wisdom and your spirit…a gift of peaceful rest. Walk with me, choose my love. For I have already chosen you before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in my sight.

All my love,
God
* * * * * * * * * *
Jeremiah 29:11,Psalm 139:13-16, Galatians 6:7, Matthew 5:45, John 16:33, Matthew 11:28, Isaiah 43:25, Psalm 103:12, 1 Corinthians 6:18, Ephesians 1:4


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts