Sunday, October 30, 2011

Love for a Lifetime

"Haven't you read," he replied, "that at the beginning the Creator 'made them male and female,' and said, 'For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh'? So they are no longer two, but one flesh. Therefore what God has joined together, let no one separate" (Matthew 19:4-6 NIV).


Jesus' teaching on a Marriage that last is found in the verses above. Rather than focus on the negative and what is destructive and selfish which will eventually let to a breakup, focus our determined efforts to deepen our marriage relationship in all of these four areas — socially, physically, emotionally, and spiritually.


Here are some questions that could be helpful for us to ask ourselves at the end of each week:
  • Social - What have I done to deepen my relationship with my spouse by how I talked and demonstrated my love for him/her in front of my friends and family?
  • Physical - How have I sought to bring pleasure and fulfillment to my marriage partner in our physical relationship?
  • Emotional - When have I made myself emotionally available and been emotionally supportive of my wife/husband this past week?
  • Spiritual - What are we doing as a couple to deepen our spiritual walk with God together?


Please enjoy this YouTube video made from Mark Schultz's beautiful song called, "Walking Her Home"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts