Sunday, January 6, 2013

Week 1 Review


The first week of 2013 came and has ended. How so fast !!

Started the New Year by attending a Watch Night service on 31 Dec 2012. It was a memorable time to close one year and begin another. Thanksgiving to God was the theme of the service.

Managed the week well even without our domestic helper around. Washed clothes, mopped floor, changed bed sheets etc. Worked well together with my wife. Our coordination and tasks division were getting better by the weeks.

Harold twisted his left ankle.

Praying for an internship job for Evan.

Still reading Wild Swans and enjoying it! Goal is to read 3 books a month.

De-cluttered my workspace to start the year better organised.

Made a decision to use less of the internet like Facebook and spend more time reading and more purposeful activities.

Decided to capture weekly events via this blog.

Would like to write my first ebook on fx.

Devotional Reading

The key message I get from my devotional readings is about my identity in Christ.  There is no fear and condemnation in Christ. God's promises to me are:

1) I am Acceptable
Ephesians 1:6 - to the praise of his glorious grace, with which he has blessed us in the Beloved.

Not accepted by friends, colleagues? Do not let this hinder me from becoming myself and growing. The Bible says, God has accepted me.

2) I am Capable
Phil 4:13 - I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

When God says I am capable, believe it. Do not believe or dwell in the lies of others or the enemy. Do not let inner insecurity, lack of confidence, self-doubts etc hinder my potential and development. God says I can.

3) I am Forgiven
Isaiah 43:25 “I, I am he who blots out your transgressions for my own sake, and I will not remember your sins.

God forgives me and gives me a new chance.

4) I am Lovable
Daniel 10:19  - And he said, “O man greatly loved, fear not, peace be with you; be strong and of good courage.” And as he spoke to me, I was strengthened and said, “Let my lord speak, for you have strengthened me.”

God loves me all the time. It does not matter if it is a good day or a bad day, He loves me unconditionally.

5) I am Valuable
 Luke 12:24 - Consider the ravens: they neither sow nor reap, they have neither storehouse nor barn, and yet God feeds them. Of how much more value are you than the birds!"

I am priceless. Jesus thought it was so important that He took the whole chapter of the bible in Luke 15 to tell three stories of - the lost son, the lost coin, and the lost sheep.

I matter to God and God says I am valuable because He loves me.

Looking forward to another week in 2013!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts