Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Starting 2013 - Go Back to Basics



As I start the first week of 2013, I am reminded that the key to living a live of significance is to go back to the basics. I am reminded of the verse in Luke 2:52 ; "Jesus grew in height and in wisdom, and he was loved by God and by all who knew him." This refers to how Jesus grew when he was a young boy.

There are 4 areas of my life which i need to consider here:

1) Grow in 'height'
Reminds me about growing physically. It also speaks to me about maintaining good health with good eating habits and exercise. It is also about taking care of the physical body.

2) Grow in wisdom
Reminds me about growing in knowing the truth, valued principles of life, and the wisdom from the Bible.

3) Loved by God
Reminds me about growing in a deeper fellowship with God. To know Him deeper and more intimately.

4) Loved by all who knew him.
Reminds me about growing in a deeper and loving relationship with others; maybe friends or strangers. Love my fellow humans, do unto them what I like them do unto me principle applies.

Therefore, this is how I would plan to live this year, yes ... back to the basics

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts